Random Trivia about Alexander
1. Alexander was born and raised on Long Island, NY
2. He started taking classical violin lessons at age 3
3. His first exposure to Shakespeare was watching Kevin Kline’s HAMLET on tv. He’s been hooked on Shakespeare ever since.
4. When he was in the 5th grade, Alexander played Captain Hook in his elementary school’s production of Peter Pan.
5. While attending Syosset High School, Alexander acted in his first Shakespeare plays, directed by Gene Connor. Alexander’s first role was the Pedant in The Taming of the Shrew. In his last two years of high school, he played Oberon in A Midsummer Night’s Dream and the title role in Hamlet.
6. During his teenage years, Alexander performed extensively with the Children’s Orchestra Society and he loved every bit of it.
7. Alexander took fencing lessons when he was a teenager. It is still the only sport Alexander has ever formally trained in. He loved it and always is looking for the opportunity to continue practicing the sport in NYC.
9. During the summers between his years in college, Alexander sought out professional training in classical acting. He attended summer training programs at Shakespeare & Company and Aquila Theatre Company.
10. In June of 2011, Alexander performed in a one-time only performance of Lanford Wilson’s Balm in Gilead, directed by Brian Mertes Beau Willimon, and Alex Harvey. It featured an all-star cast including Michael Shannon and Mia Barron. You can read about it HERE.
12. Alexander is currently developing a class for actors on the Dramatic Function of Music in Shakespeare’s Plays.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me today! To learn even more about me, you can check out the various interviews with me on my PRESS page. enjoy!